Ten projects have been shortlisted for the first round of the Filmbase/RTÉ Short Film Awards in 2011. The projects were chosen from over 300 applications battling it out for just two final funding awards. Each team will now be invited to interview at Filmbase to determine who will be awarded funding through the scheme.
The deadline for the second round of the Filmbase/RTÉ short film awards closed at the end of September.
The shortlisted projects are:
- ‘Blonde’ written and to be directed by Allyn Quigley and produced by Kevin Fetherston
- ‘Child’ to be directed by Richard Zimmermann and produced by Ian Jackson
- ‘The Consolation of Orion’ written and to be directed by Siobhan McMahon
- ‘The Drowning Pool’ written by James Phelan, to be directed by Tom Sullivan and produced by Aislinn Ni Chuinneagain
- ‘Heaven’ written and to be directed by Mia Mullarkey and produced by Marie Caffrey
- ‘The Message’ written and to be directed by Eoin O'Connor and produced by Claire McCaughley
- ‘Misery Memoir’ written and to be directed by Tim Hanan and produced by Marie Caffrey
- ‘Pramface’ written and to be directed by Ian Ruby and produced by Rossa Mullin
- ‘School Night’ written and to be directed by Daniel Bevan
- ‘The Transfer’ written and to be directed by Claire Dix and produced by Nodlag Houlihan
The Filmbase/RTÉ award scheme includes a cash award of €10,000 towards the film production as well as a production/post-production package from the Filmbase Equipment Department. The Award Scheme has been running for over 20 years and has funded over 100 short films, including award-winning shorts ‘Crossword’, ‘Cured’ and ‘Cold Turkey’.